About the Awards
Organised by Datateam Business Media, the publisher of Footwear Today magazine, the Footwear Industry Awards is designed to celebrate excellence and innovation in the industry. Supported by the British Footwear Association (BFA), the Independent Footwear Retailer’s Association (IFRA), Society of Shoe Fitters (SSF) and Footwear Today, the Footwear Industry Awards is now in its seventh year. The Awards is known throughout the industry for its focus on independent retailers as well as global footwear brands.
The Awards offers everyone in the footwear trade a chance to shine, from independent start-ups through to multinational corporations. What’s more, it is the only Awards for the footwear industry in which brands and retailers are both nominated and voted for by their peers in the trade, offering its winners a truly independent endorsement of achievement.
Journal and events manager, Sue Wiseman comments: “The awards offer the chance stand out amongst the competition, raise the profiles of their business and stimulate market interest. It also gives the retailer, brand or person a sense of pride knowing they have been voted a winner by their peers in the industry. Each category is reflection on the dedication and commitment, with only the best receiving an accolade and independent stamp of approval.”
How it works
Entries for the 2018 Footwear Industry Awards will open on 4th September 2017. You will be able to enter via an online entry form.
• Brands must only be entered in categories for which they fit the criteria.
• Industry members can nominate brands or enter themselves via the online entry form, or by downloading and emailing or posting the hard copy of the form. There is a range of categories available.
• Nominated brands submit a short entry statement explaining why they deserve to win the 2018 award. What makes your brand stand out? What new footwear innovation or technology have you introduced in the past 12 months?
Entrants can include retailer testimonials and images.
• Entry statements are published on footwearindustryawards.com, to help voters decide which retailer they will vote for (incidentally creating great publicity for the brand!)
• There will be five finalists in each category. The finalists will be determined by an industry vote using a secure online voting platform held by a third-party company.
• A panel made up of independent footwear industry representatives decides upon the ultimate winner in each category, assigning Highly Commended where necessary.
• Retailers must only be entered in categories for which they fit the criteria.
• Industry members can nominate retailers or enter themselves via our online entry form, or by downloading and emailing or posting the hard copy of the form. There is a range of categories available.
• Winners are decided by the vote of the industry, using a secure online voting platform held by a third-party company.
National Shop front of the Year:
Retailers can enter National Shopfront of the Year by emailing Footwear Today senior editor Cheryl Taylor. Click here to find out more. Entrants will face a judging panel chosen for their industry knowledge and skills, ensuring full credibility of the process.
You can nominate as many different brands, retailers or individuals as you like. However, please make sure you enter them into a relevant category. You may also enter yourself, your business, your brand or your employees.
We look forward to your entries!