About the Awards
Organised by Datateam Business Media, the publisher of Footwear Today magazine, the Footwear Industry Awards is designed to celebrate excellence and innovation in the industry. Supported by the British Footwear Association (BFA), the Independent Footwear Retailer’s Association (IFRA), Society of Shoe Fitters (SSF) and Footwear Today, the Footwear Industry Awards is now in its seventh year. The Awards is known throughout the industry for its focus on independent retailers as well as global footwear brands.
The Awards offers everyone in the footwear trade a chance to shine, from independent start-ups through to multinational corporations. What’s more, it is the only Awards for the footwear industry in which brands and retailers are both nominated and voted for by their peers in the trade, offering its winners a truly independent endorsement of achievement.
Journal and events manager, Sue Wiseman comments: “The awards offer the chance stand out amongst the competition, raise the profiles of their business and stimulate market interest. It also gives the retailer, brand or person a sense of pride knowing they have been voted a winner by their peers in the industry. Each category is reflection on the dedication and commitment, with only the best receiving an accolade and independent stamp of approval.”
This year, the Footwear Industry Awards will be raising money for Cancer Research UK.
“Bobby Moore was just 51 years old when he died. The Bobby Moore Fund for Cancer Research UK was set up by Stephanie Moore MBE, Bobby’s widow, in his memory to fund pioneering, life-saving bowel cancer research.
Since the fund was set up in 1993 mortality rates have fallen 30% and over £23.5 million has been raised for research, but we still have so much more to do.
The Bobby Moore Fund has been selected as the Official Charity partner of The FA (The Football Association) from 2016 until 2018. This powerful partnership is in memory of England’s most successful captain and we are calling on the football community to Be Moore for Bobby.
There are a number of ways you can get involved to help us raise awareness of the symptoms of bowel cancer. With your contribution, we will also raise vital funds to pay for pioneering research into the disease.
Bowel cancer is the fourth most common cancer in the UK. Also the second most common cause of cancer death. More than 44 people die from the disease every day in the UK. That’s equivalent to four entire football teams.
Right now, we fund over 4000 scientists, doctors and nurses across the UK.
Our purpose is simple – to bring forward the day when bowel cancer is cured.”
How it works
Entries for the 2018 Footwear Industry Awards will open on 4th September 2017. You will be able to enter via an online entry form.
• Brands must only be entered in categories for which they fit the criteria.
• Industry members can nominate brands or enter themselves via the online entry form, or by downloading and emailing or posting the hard copy of the form. There is a range of categories available.
• Nominated brands submit a short entry statement explaining why they deserve to win the 2018 award. What makes your brand stand out? What new footwear innovation or technology have you introduced in the past 12 months?
Entrants can include retailer testimonials and images.
• Entry statements are published on footwearindustryawards.com, to help voters decide which retailer they will vote for (incidentally creating great publicity for the brand!)
• There will be five finalists in each category. The finalists will be determined by an industry vote using a secure online voting platform held by a third-party company.
• A panel made up of independent footwear industry representatives decides upon the ultimate winner in each category, assigning Highly Commended where necessary.
• Retailers must only be entered in categories for which they fit the criteria.
• Industry members can nominate retailers or enter themselves via our online entry form, or by downloading and emailing or posting the hard copy of the form. There is a range of categories available.
• Winners are decided by the vote of the industry, using a secure online voting platform held by a third-party company.
Shop front of the Year:
Retailers can enter Shop front of the Year by emailing Footwear Today Sue Wiseman. Click here to find out more. Entrants will face a judging panel chosen for their industry knowledge and skills, ensuring full credibility of the process.
You can nominate as many different brands, retailers or individuals as you like. However, please make sure you enter them into a relevant category. You may also enter yourself, your business, your brand or your employees.
We look forward to your entries!